Solid Quarter

Visit Trembling Pillow Press for poetry books, broadsides, chapbooks, and Solid Quarter Magazine.

Visit New Orleans Poetry Fest for the annual 4 day poetry festival directed by Bill Lavender and Megan Burns.

Megan Burns' Poeticsofbone&city project on Tumblr



Thursday, April 04, 2013

Day 4: 30 Days of TUNECHI






Tunecian Sonnet 69/96


“that the scatter all fits”   -Bill Berkson, Jacket 2 Interview


like what’s good mama come make the clouds jump
over us come fly wit me diamonds bling weed rap
slick when I spit shit right
26-inch got a deep sweet as I'm creeping by
chains, nines, guns that's us
slogan "we will bust" rules our this
cross it you will die
pumps, ride guns, even 25's
stay where you from, bring no static
baby gave me wings just to keep me fly
play with deep water now ya swimmin'
call me the king call me my part New Orleans
bleed for ya heart New Orleans
hope you never close your eyes 



*all lines from Lil Wayne lyrics

No comments: