Solid Quarter

Visit Trembling Pillow Press for poetry books, broadsides, chapbooks, and Solid Quarter Magazine.

Visit New Orleans Poetry Fest for the annual 4 day poetry festival directed by Bill Lavender and Megan Burns.

Megan Burns' Poeticsofbone&city project on Tumblr



Saturday, April 13, 2013

Day 13: 30 Days of Weezy for National Poetry Month



Pose


prose poem about CLUE characters
prose poem about every episode of TWIN PEAKS
prose poem about why I can’t finish my Wuthering Heights/ Bob Dylan project
prose poem about L7 and Liz Phair, what happened to women rockers that weren’t just sex symbols but still sexy, can we just teach boys not to rape and not girls how to avoid getting raped
prose poem with no genitals in it b/c we all have some spectrum of genitalia
& I’m sick of hearing poems about dicks & cunts
prose poem about how my marriage failed
prose poem about how I’m ok with failure
prose poem about how I worry a lot about ever having sex again but that’s just so I don’t have to worry about real things like fucking up my kids or killing myself by accident
prose poem about my madness but that’s been done, so serial prose poem
about Kristeva’s existential reading of depression as a stop-sign gluttal pause in enumerating a sound across the horizon of your life
prose poem about Foucault being wrong about everything, see madness, see above (been done)
prose poem about daddy without any daddy in it but already done
prose poem about “oh, I’ve heard of her”
already done
prose poem about the diagnosis, prose poem about the pathology, prose poem
about the broken fracture—all other, all other
prose poem of the psychology, the medicated, the dosage, her illness, anxious, anxious, hero: fated
do you enjoy clothes shopping? do you enjoy the gaze of self?
prose poem about how sometimes we are destroyed by love


No comments: