Solid Quarter

Visit Trembling Pillow Press for poetry books, broadsides, chapbooks, and Solid Quarter Magazine.

Visit New Orleans Poetry Fest for the annual 4 day poetry festival directed by Bill Lavender and Megan Burns.

Megan Burns' Poeticsofbone&city project on Tumblr



Friday, March 25, 2011

Poetry Books I'm Loving


Kate Eichhorn's Fieldnotes, a forensics (BookThug, 2010)

It makes me happy just to know that someone else is out there thinking about the things that I sometimes think about and thinking I should write poetry about these thoughts. I had one of those moments before reading this book when I didn't want to read it, because then it would be over. It was delicious. I think I might write a review on this, so I'm still sifting through all my thoughts.




Home/ Birth (1913 Press) by Arielle Greenberg and Rachel Zucker took me by surprise. The information was mostly familiar to me. The way they lay out and respond to each other flows nicely and makes it easy to digest all the facts and stories. But then the book just sweeps you off your feet, and you realize you're not just reading a fanstastic project taken up by two great writers but you're holding in your hands that 1/100th of life that poetry attempts to capture. It's such a brave, honest endeavor that these two women allow the reader to follow them through, and it changed me reading this text. You can't just go back to being who you were in the world before you read this.

No comments: