Solid Quarter

Blood Jet Poetry Series in New Orleans, weekly poetry and music as well as open mic performances

Visit Trembling Pillow Press for poetry books, broadsides, chapbooks, and Solid Quarter Magazine.

Megan Burns' Poeticsofbone&city project on Tumblr

Saturday, October 01, 2016

Day 1: Cave of Voices

Stanza 1

Cave of Voices

a question, lightly penciled on the flyleaf if you believed a work of fiction magic/ dusty sleep. not long after dawn in the dark/ anyone.       unroll the book of water     once it's gone/ anyone I suppose can be haunted, even willing so I am, blindly, mouth loose, others forgetful/ gnarled world poured through fingers/        never fallen/       eyes from the back in that cave beyond me, persists/ we told very little then wrong side of the sky waited/   I set my price, the door purported to be the greater sorrow, hear me now       how long will/   how long will the magic stay

No comments: