Solid Quarter

Visit Trembling Pillow Press for poetry books, broadsides, chapbooks, and Solid Quarter Magazine.

Visit New Orleans Poetry Fest for the annual 4 day poetry festival directed by Bill Lavender and Megan Burns.

Megan Burns' Poeticsofbone&city project on Tumblr



Saturday, October 01, 2016

Day 1: Cave of Voices

Stanza 1

Cave of Voices

a question, lightly penciled on the flyleaf if you believed a work of fiction magic/ dusty sleep. not long after dawn in the dark/ anyone.       unroll the book of water     once it's gone/ anyone I suppose can be haunted, even willing so I am, blindly, mouth loose, others forgetful/ gnarled world poured through fingers/        never fallen/       eyes from the back in that cave beyond me, persists/ we told very little then wrong side of the sky waited/   I set my price, the door purported to be the greater sorrow, hear me now       how long will/   how long will the magic stay

No comments: