Solid Quarter

Visit Trembling Pillow Press for poetry books, broadsides, chapbooks, and Solid Quarter Magazine.

Visit New Orleans Poetry Fest for the annual 4 day poetry festival directed by Bill Lavender and Megan Burns.

Megan Burns' Poeticsofbone&city project on Tumblr



Friday, September 16, 2011

Reviews, Chapbooks, Readings, and Book Prizes



My review of Kate Eichhorn's Fieldnotes, a forensic is in the new issue of Rain Taxi (Fall 2011).

I've been ecstatic about receiving in packages of two or three a day a collection of Dusie Kollective Chaps. The author's have been so generous, and I love their notes as much as I do their willingness to share their chapbooks with me. I'm having to collect all the notes, chaps and envelopes together, so I can keep them as I discovered them from the mailbox.



Black Widow press has just released Niyi Osundare's City Without People, and I have been reading and rereading it for an upcoming review in October's issue of Entrepôt.




We also had a wonderful reading by Louisiana Poet Laureate Julie Kane last night at 17 Poets! She read a beautiful crown of sonnets (sonnet corona) for artist and coffee shop owner Bob Borsodi. He was quite a remarkable person, and Nathaniel Turner has a wonderful collection of tributes to him here.  





Trembling Pillow Press has just opened its first Bob Kaufman Book Prize in poetry. Submissions are open now through Nov. 15th with judge poet Bernadette Mayer. You can find out more and enter here. 


No comments: